For almost four decades, the NY Abilities Expo has been the go-to event for people with disabilities, their families, seniors, and healthcare professionals in the New York metro area. That’s why we are proud to be a participant at this years event.
All the fun is happening at the New Jersey Convention Center this weekend (May 4th – May 6th). Here’s why you should attend:
1. This expo will expose you to new ability-enhancing technologies, new possibilities, and new opportunities to make your life easier.
2. You can easily get there by booking one of our wheelchair accessible vehicles over the phone, online, or with our app
3. Have some fun playing adaptive sports
4. You can join the Center for Modern Dance Education (CMDE) for a quick Modern Dance showcase featuring a mixed-ability cast. The movement activities will be appropriate for people of all ages!
5. Check out the free workshops. They all cover really interesting topics! For instance, you can check out the scheduled workshop about financing assistive technology through the ABLE Act. A rep from the National Disability Institute will be covering details about the ABLE Act which allows people with disabilities and their caretakers to open savings accounts to pay for expenses related to disabilities.
6. Last but not least, get a chance to meet the Accessible Dispatch team! Stop by booth #154 to learn more about our service and future plans for our riders, plus grab some swag!