We’ve rounded up some facts that we think most people would like to know about the TLC’s wheelchair accessible taxi program.
If you’ve browsed our website and believe you know just about everything you need to know about Accessible Dispatch, let’s put your knowledge to the test:
- The TLC first launched the Accessible Dispatch program in 2012 with 233 accessible cabs in Manhattan. There are now more than 2,000 green and yellow wheelchair accessible vehicles taking trips across NYC
- Service animals are permitted in all TLC-licensed vehicles. You never have to pay extra for a service animal, or for accessible service in a TLC-licensed vehicle
- Our dispatch center team includes New Yorkers with disabilities, and all of our dispatchers are here to help you! (Need a ride? Call 646-599-9999)
- The Accessible Dispatch NYC app is available on both iOS and Android devices. The app is a great way to book a trip – you can select the right vehicle for you, contact the dispatcher through the app, and even track your taxi when it’s on the way to your pickup
- We offer trips in all five boroughs! Book your trip today!
You can learn more about the Accessible Dispatch program on our Rider FAQ page, and we always welcome your feedback – call us at 646.599.9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, compliments, or complaints about your trip.